Ironwood Cinema Website Provides Moviegoers with Info and Is Easy to Manage
MGA Entertainment owns and runs a few independent movie theaters in the Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley areas.
MGA Entertainment needed a website for its movie theaters. It had to be flexible enough to host info about other independent theaters, be managed by an already busy theater manager, and achieve the following goals:
- Provide the public with an alternative method of accessing movie and theater information.
- Make it easy to maintain the continually changing movie information database.
- Have the ability to easily add and remove independent theaters from the website.
- Design and build a website that would let visitors view current movie information within 1 click from anywhere on the site.
- Build a content management system easy enough for a theater manager to select and schedule current and upcoming movies using just a browser.
- Allow the administrator of the content management system to add, edit and delete new independent movie theaters.
- Within a month of the launch, traffic from organic search results soared to over 6,000 local visitors, viewing almost 20,000 pages. Not bad, considering the total area population is about 46,000 and $0 were spent on website promotion.
- Adding and managing new theaters to the website is a simple operation for the administrator, freeing up more time for core business tasks.
- Eliminated the need for dedicated website staff by allowing each theater's manager to easily update information and movie schedules.
- My friend Alycia never misses a movie premier because she has cinemasonline.com conveniently bookmarked. OK, maybe that wasn't an original goal but if she does, we're sure she's not the only one.
Go to the website»
↑ top ↑