Sunrise Sustainable Resources Group Website Re-Design & Development, Phase I
Sunrise Sustainable Resources Group is a 501c3 non-profit organization based in Reno, Nevada. Sunrise promotes sustainable living practices through education, advocacy and community development.
Sunrise already had a basic website, but wanted to use it better as a business tool. After talking with Sunrise, we zeroed in on these goals that needed immediate attention:
- Achieve top positions on the leading search engines for relevant keywords.
- Provide information on sustainable development to the community and potential members.
- Save money on website maintenance. The inability to efficiently and affordably update the content of the existing website was diminishing its value to existing members and hindering efforts to attract new members.
- It had to be done on a very limited budget... Of course.
Undaunted by the last objective, we developed an affordable, but effective solution. The most cost-efficient method of attracting new members in this situation was to achieve top positions on search engine results. To get there, a few things were done:
- We redesigned the site making it attractive, user friendly and optimized for search engines. Then we manually submitted it to the leading search engines, following each engine's strict guidelines.
- To make the site even more appealing to search engines and users, Sunrise needed to build a library of relevant content and update it regularly. A content management system was built that allows fast and easy website updates using any computer with a web browser. It saves money by enabling Sunrise to utilize volunteers with minimal computer skills.
- The new site architecture and database behind it were designed to accommodate future site growth.
- Within 6 months, Sunrise achieved several top 10 positions (including #1) on Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL for industry specific and local keyphrases like "sustainable resources", "Nevada permaculture", "sustainability Nevada", "Reno Nevada renewable energy", "passive solar Reno" and others.
- From the new website launch in May to the board meeting in November paid membership increased by 258%!
- The new content management system paid for itself within the first few months.
- Now website content can be kept up-to-date by dedicated volunteers.
- The project was completed on a record-breaking shoestring budget. But, despite what our accountant tells us, we still feel good about it.
Go to the website»
↑ top ↑