Shotokan Karate of America, Tahoe Dojo
Tahoe dojo is an affiliate of Shotokan Karate of America (SKA), a nonprofit organization teaching traditional karate-do in the United States since 1955.
Tahoe dojo's primary market is the Nevada and California shores of North Lake Tahoe and the town of Truckee, CA.
Restrained by a shoestring budget, this small Shotokan karate club needed to attract and educate more people about the benefits of karate training. After a consultation with eSherpa, these goals were set:
- Achieve top positions on search engines results pages for relevant local searches.
- Provide website visitors with answers about Shotokan karate and Tahoe dojo.
- Provide current students with educational materials that would help in their training.
Determined to achieve the set goals, we employed these tactics:
- An optimized website was developed for easy indexing by search engines.
- The website was designed to be visually appealing and to house a lot of informative content that would answer the most frequently asked questions.
- Monthly training calendar, articles and recommended books were put online for easy access by current club members.
- Amazon.com's affiliate program was tastefully integrated into the website to generate an additional income revenue.
The client was very pleased with the outcome of our efforts:
- Achieved several top 10 positions (including #1) on Google, Yahoo!, AOL and other search engines for local searches like “karate Tahoe”, “karate Carson”, “karate Reno” and other keyphrases.
- Potential students inquiring about practicing karate have a better understanding of it and can be referred to the website for the detailed answers to their questions.
- Existing students are using the website to help with their training and karate education.
- The generated commissions from Amazon.com books sales offset monthly website hosting cost.
Go to the website»
↑ top ↑